It is a great pleasure to welcome you to the School of Psychiatry at Health Education England North West (HEENW). We are dedicated to providing high quality training to the next generation of Psychiatrists. The training and development of our trainees and their health and wellbeing is at the core of everything we do in the School.
We are one of the largest Psychiatry schools in the UK and offer a total of 349 approved training posts in core and higher Psychiatry training. We offer rewarding training in a broad range of psychiatric sub-specialities in a variety of settings.
Our school covers a culturally diverse and large geographical area encompassing Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire and South Cumbria. The North West is a great place to live and train and has a mix of urban, sub-urban to rural and coastal areas.
We work collaboratively with our highly committed, trained and motivated educators in hospitals across the region to provide training in a warm, friendly and supportive environment. Our ethos is reflected in our School values of Future Generations, Excellence, Integrity, and Inclusiveness.
- Supportive and flexible training
- Robust psychotherapy experience
- Nationally acclaimed MRCPsych course for Core trainees
- Bespoke examination support for trainees in need
- A range of research opportunities in conjunction with world class universities in our region
- Fantastic opportunities to engage in Quality improvement projects, service innovation and leadership development
We are confident that we offer exceptional training that will equip trainees with the skills and knowledge to serve them well during their long career. Thanks for your interest in training in the North West and you can learn more about our programmes through this website.