The Section 12 and Approved Clinician Courses are ran by the Medical Education Team based at North Manchester General Hospital.
Please contact the Medical Education Team via Events@gmmh.nhs.uk to book your place and for any queries.
Please be aware of the following prior to booking your course:
- It is essential that all applicants seeking initial approval as a Section 12 (2) or an Approved Clinician doctor attend an appropriate training course prior to being approved
- For initial approval, applicants must have attended a two day induction course within the twelve month period immediately preceding the date of the application
- Please note that attendance at an appropriate training course does not confer approval status
- All courses have been approved by the North of England Approvals Panel
- Refresher courses are designed for candidates seeking to extend their Section 12 (2) or AC approval status