We have 7 training placements available in Psychiatry of Intellectual Disabilities, across the following mental health NHS trusts:
- Cheshire and Wirral Partnership x 2
- Greater Manchester Mental Health x 1
- Lancashire Care Foundation Trust x 1
- Mersey Care NHS Trust x 2
- Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust x 1
We have an established regional educational day (held at Hollins Park Hospital) and a wide variety of special interest sessions available, including in Forensics, ASD and ADHD.
We also offer joint training with other specialties, such as Child & Adolescent Mental Health. More information on the Psychiatry of Intellectual Disabilities and training can be found on the following twitter pages:
- ID trainees twitter account and ID speciality account: @idtraineesuk
- Psychiatry of ID: @psychaitryofid
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my placements and appreciated the various opportunities that I have got through my training years. I have felt well supported from my supervisors and I have valued the experience that I gained as I moved alternatively between adult ID psychiatry and Child & Adolescent psychiatry. It has been a pleasure supporting children and adults with a learning disability with/without Autism spectrum disorder, including some interesting genetic conditions.